Want to be a SRSC Referee? Here’s your shot!
The SRSC Referee Program welcomes individuals aged 14+, including high school students and parents.
Overview of SRSC Referee Program
SRSC is building our referee team for the Fall 2023 season! Our referee team will consist of licensed referees and referees in-training. All youth soccer referees are mandated to complete training through the U.S. Soccer Learning Center. Additionally, adults aged 18 and above must undergo a U.S. Soccer NCSI background check. South Range Soccer Club offers reimbursement to individuals aged 14+ who successfully complete the U.S. Soccer Grassroots Referee Training and obtain their USSF certification.
Licensed Referees within the SRSC earn $30 per home game, with each game lasting approximately one hour. Upon officiating six (6) SRSC home games, referees will be reimbursed for their training fee, (approx. $55 – $85).
In-person training to become a licensed US Soccer referee is limited and only available a few times per year. Referees In-Training who are waiting to complete their in-person training will earn $20 per game while unlicensed. Trainees are required to complete all online coursework at learning.ussoccer.com.
Based on their availability, referees may be scheduled for multiple games per day/week. One referee is assigned to each U10 game, while a team of two referees is allocated for each U12 and U14/15 game. Referees are responsible for obtaining their own uniform and basic referee kit; kit includes flags, a whistle, and a notebook, (more information is provided during training).
1. Create an account in the U.S. Soccer Learning Center:
Click here https://learning.ussoccer.com/referee
2. Register/schedule for an upcoming in-person training course.
3. Complete the online course work through US Soccer. If you are 18 years or older, you must complete and clear the background check and complete Safesport Training.
4. Attend a mandatory in-person training session.
5. Purchase a uniform kit, (U.S. Soccer approved).
6. Apply to be a SRSC Referee:
Click here https://southrangesoccerclub.com/referee-application/
7. Referee Coordinator, Lindsay Webber, will contact you for availability and scheduling.
8. Complete Concussion training, required by the State of Ohio.